Friday, March 8, 2013

Dine Culture (Native American Month)


Concept-Nitsahakees
           - I will acknowledge and value my thoughts and personality
PO1: I will take care of myself.

My students created their family tree and learned to say their clans in their Native Landuage.  Knowing who they are is apart of taking care of themselves and their background.


Students participated in "Native American Heritage Month" Where students went to various demonstrators about how to make "Blue Corn Mush" Oral Nvajo stories about the Stars, Rugs, and Winter stories about "coyote". The Children participated in Dressing up in Their Traditional attire to show their pride in their culture. Students also had fun doing a little Song and Dance Demonstration and learning how to sing a few songs. I am very proud of my class!!  


The class was also intorduced to the Current reign Miss Navajo Nation Crystalyne Curley 2012-2013. She talked about the importance in listening to the elders and going to school. She also talked about the importance in Talking about our Native Language and keeping intact with our traditions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment